Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chicken
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
COOK TIME: 4 HOURS
TOTAL TIME: 4 HOURS, 10 MIN
- 2 lbs.boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (Gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or honey or agave)
- 1/4 cup Asian garlic chili paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp.ginger, minced
- Stir together the soy sauce, brown sugar, chili garlic paste, garlic, and ginger in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the chicken and stir to coat the chicken completely.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is fully cooked. Shred using two forks.
- Optional but highly recommended: Add the liquid from the slow cooker into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and boil for 8-10 minutes until it reduces by half and thickens. Toss chicken in this sauce or drizzle on top.